This is a simple origami tutorial, followed by the detailed instructions below, you can fold out a beautiful hexagonal gift box. The same is true of the folding of its lid, which can simply be folded with slightly larger piece of papers.
You can use it as a gift box, or a storage box. Fold out the six units and then insert them together to make the box. Let the children have a try, exercise the ability to do things!
1.Prepare six rectangular sheets of paper in 7.5 cmx15 cm size. It's OK to use other paper sizes as long as the aspect ratio is 2: 1.
2.Take one of them and fold it in half to align the two long sides. Just press out the crease on the left side and expand.
3.Fold the upper left corner into the middle crease to get a small triangle.
4.Fold the triangle down to align the longest edge of the triangle with the hem of the origami model.
5. Fold the right side to the left to get a rectangle. The short side of the rectangle is aligned with the bottom edge of the origami model.
6. Fold the left corner to the right and align it with the lower right corner. And then unfold, leaving a crease.
7.Fold the right side to the left, and align with the crease that fold out previous step.
8.Fold the top edge down to align it with the bottom edge. An origami unit is complete.
9. Fold the other five sheets of paper to get six identical units.
10. Take out two units and insert the right side of one unit into the left space of the other.
11. Go ahead and put all six units together.
12. Close both ends of the head and tail.
13. Insert the six corners into the sheet, and make the bottom of the gift box.
14. Flip it over, sort it out, and a hexagonal gift box is complete!