Elephants are the largest animals on land today, but they have a docile character. Seeing such a cute elephant craft, I guess the kids will love it, and even they ca n’t wait to make one by themselves!
The cartoon elephant's body is made of a toilet roll. The ears, ivory, nose and legs are made of sponge paper. Very simple manual tutorial, suitable for preschool kids. If the kids are interested, follow the instructions below to do it step by step.
You will need to prepare:
Toilet roll - 1
Sponge Paper - Blue, Light Blue, White
Googly eyes - 2
Acrylic Paint - Blue
White craft glue
1. Take out the toilet roll and flatten one end of it. Then pick up the scissors, cut this end into a curve, and glue it well.
2. Prepare blue acrylic paint, and color the entire toilet roll. Put it aside and let it dry completely.
3.Cut two ears from a blue sponge, then two inner ears from a light blue sponge.
4. Take an inner ear, glue it to one ear. Do the same and get the other ear.
5. Glue two ears to the top of the toilet roll. Then take out the blue sponge, and cut out a strip for the nose.
6.Draw lines on your nose. Stick two googly eyes on the toilet roll. Cut two pieces of ivory from a white sponge paper and stick them under your eyes.
7. Paste the elephant nose between the ivory. Cut out the shape of the legs at the bottom of the toilet roll. Then pick up the light blue sponge and cut out two legs.
8. Paste the two legs to the corresponding position, as shown above.
9. This cute elephant craft has been finished! It can stand, as if curious about anything!