Although in reality, the lion is a very fierce animal, but in many cartoons or handicrafts, the lion is very cute. Just like today's clay tutorial, after completion, it is a very cute lion. When you are done, you can place it on your table as an ornament, and look at it and feel happy.
This is a difficult clay handicraft, especially some details need special attention, such as the end of the tail, toes and hair. Pick a weekend or evening with plenty of time and enjoy the fun of crafting with the kids!
You need to prepare:
modelling ball tool
1. Take out a lump of brown clay. First rub a ball with your hands, then flatten one end slightly and shape it into a drop shape. This is used to make the body of the lion.
2.Take a ball of yellow clay, and make a drop shape too. Then flatten it to make the lion's belly. Glue it to the body.
3. Take the brown clay, and rub out the lion's arms and legs. The legs are slightly thicker and slightly bent.
4. Use craft glue to stick both arms and legs to the body.
5.Take yellow clay, and knead four small balls. Then, on each ball, press three small lines with the metal stick. These are the lion's feet.
6. When all feet are done, glue them to the ends of the arms and legs.
7. Take a light brown clay, knead a small ball, cut it in half with scissors. Then knead a smaller ball, cut it in half with scissors too.
Stick a big one and a small one together, and press it with a modelling ball tool. You have a lion's ear. Do the other ear as well.
8.Take light brown clay and knead the lion's head. Glue the ear well, and then use the modelling ball tool to press out the position of the eyes.
9.Take out white and black clay, knead three small balls of different sizes. Flatten them and stick them together, and you have an eye. Then make another eye.
10. Take brown clay and make a triangular nose and stick it under your eyes.
Take another yellow clay, knead two small balls, squash and stick to the sides of the nose. Then use toothpicks to poke many small holes in them.
11. Pick up the metal stick, and poke a hole as your mouth.
12. Take a little red clay and put it in the hole. Then cut out the lion's tongue with scissors.
13. Take out the brown clay, knead it into a large ball, flatten it and use it to make the hair of the lion.
14. Paste the head in the middle, as shown above.
15. Pick up the metal stick, and press out the hair. It doesn't have to be precise.
16. At this point, the cute lion's head is finished.
17. Stick a toothpick in the bottom of your head, and stick the other end into your body.
18.Take brown clay and knead it into a long thin tail. Then take a little yellow clay, knead it into a triangle, and then cut off the end of the tail.
19. Press out the depression on this end, and then stick the tail on.
20. Finally, glue the tail to the back of the lion, and our cute clay lion is finished!