In China, every Chinese New Year, every family will hang red lanterns. This is the decoration of the festival, but also the expectation of a better life in the coming year.
Simply use the cardstock to make the lantern tutorial, made the small lantern very cute. If your kids like it, take them along with you to try the following steps!
Several kinds of paper lanterns. The paper with different colors looks good.
There is a need to prepare:
Yellow and green cardstock
1.Cut out two rectangles from the paper. The yellow one is slightly longer than the green one, and the green one is a little wider than the yellow one.
2.Take out the green paper and fold the two long sides in half.
3.Fold the edge of the opening in a little more to get a crease.
4.Cut a row of thin strips from the folded edge to the crease.
5.Cut until the crease, don't cut it completely.
7.Fold in half in opposite directions.
8. Glue one of the edge without cutting.
9. Align it with one long edge of the yellow cardboard and glue it.
10. Gum the other side of the green cardstock and glue it to the other side of the yellow cardstock.
11. Since the yellow card is slightly longer than the green one, an edge is exposed and glue is applied to this side.
12. Roll it up and glue the ends together.
13. Also cut a strip from the yellow card paper.
14. Paste it symmetrically on both sides of the inner wall of the lantern.
15.The lovely paper lantern is ready. You can hang it on a branch, or you can hang it on a window with a rope!